The Hidden Costs of Disney
So I hemmed and hawed and decided. Then undecided, then decided again. The money has been spent. I think I’m home free. Then come all the hidden costs of Disney. You think that you’re going to just buy some plane tickets and book a place to stay. Not so fast sister.
There’s SO MUCH more.
Before we go
I need to BUY…
- Disney merch
- Autograph books and pens
- Activities for the plane
- id bracelets for the kids
I need to BOOK or ORDER…
- Stroller rental and a parking space at the airport (which is almost as much as a plane ticket).
- Dining reservation that require prepayments.
While we’re there the possibilities are endless really…
- Balloons, hats, pins, dresses, cups, books, stuffed things, snowglobes, shirts, stickers, more stuffed things.
These two are in the Wildcard category.
- Food- Not so hidden – we have to eat, but how much will we actually end up paying? We decided NOT to purchase the Disney Dining Plan. So we’re on our own. Groceries to be ordered and delivered with the stroller.
- Clothes- ok we don’t really need these. But? Rain jackets that fold up. Warm weather clothes for kids that live somewhere very cold and have grown out of their summer stuff already. Summer stuff?! Masks for the pool and a swim diaper for the baby. And dammit I’m going on vacation for the first time in 6 years. Mama is gettin’ a few new things! New shoes, new sunglasses, and maybe a pretty new dress.
I think I could go on and on!
How do you manage not going broke before and during your vacation? Do you set a budget? Do you stop caring about it at some point? How many snowglobes does one person really need?